Show me Exporting Grades.
Grade items and final grades can be exported in a .csv (comma separated values) format that can be imported into other applications. The file as exported from Carmen may need to be manipulated in various ways to make it useful in other applications.
If you will be importing your document into an application that uses the Carmen ID as the identifying field, be sure to work with your file in a way that will preserve the leading zeros in ID numbers that have them. Applications that use this field include the Faculty Center Grade Roster for posting final grades. See Prepare Exported Grades File... for more information.
Grades are considered sensitive data. Exported grade files should only be stored on an encrypted device that is stored in a safe location. If you are unsure whether your computer or storage media is secure, check with your local computer support staff for more information.
1. Access the Gradebook, click on Enter Grades in the Menu, and click Export to File in the toolbar.
2. Select Export Options.
3. Check boxes for grade items and categories under Choose Grades to Export.
If you are exporting your Gradebook to use as a template for importing grades (see Import into Grades from CSV), avoid exporting grade items that will cause errors when you import your grades. Non-importable items will be marked with a gray exclamation point in the list.
4. Click Export to CSV File. When your file is processed, a link to the file appears in a popup window.
5. Save the .csv file to your computer. Use a .csv-compatible application, such as Excel, to view the file or to add and edit data.
6. To import the saved .csv file into Excel:
7. Save your data.
Some versions of Excel may be able to correctly import the file without using the import wizard. You will still need to save the file in .csv or Excel format.
Current as of December 2010 (D2L 9.1). Not significantly impacted by December 2011 update (D2L 9.4).